Blogger Layouts

Monday, April 1, 2013

Texturing the Upstairs

  Hubby and I spent Friday finishing up the texturing on the upstairs.  So nice to have that project 'all done here' as our two year old would say.  The weather was to get into the high sixties that day so while the guys were out feeding the cattle, they decided that Boss Man would watch Mr T while we did the texturing.  However, I had gotten a phone call from a friend saying that they were in a bind and really needed a babysitter for G (who is 8 months younger than T) and of course I said Yes!  Any chance for Mr T to have a buddy to play with is a golden opportunity around here :)   When the guys got back from feeding and we discussed our day, we weren't sure that we were going to get everything done that we needed to.
  In the end, Boss Man watched both little boys while we started texturing.  I helped with the noon meal and getting both tired kids down for a nap.  After, the boys got up from their nap, they went with Boss Man out to check heavies on the Ranger and then brought a pair back with them.  I am sure that if you could have understood what T and G where talking about on their trip, it would have been entertaining!  Hubby and I managed to get all of the texturing done upstairs along with everything cleaned up.  Last week, I had also brought home 3 - 5 gal buckets of primer to start priming.  Looks like the real work is about to start upstairs for me! 

Texturing Bedroom #1

A finished knock down textured wall.

Using my new 18 inch Knock Down trowel.

Slow and steady :)
  I am so happy that the texturing is done upstairs.  Took us about 5 hours to get the knock down done.  I do feel that the result upstairs is even better than our knock down downstairs.  Sometime later this week, I suppose that I will brush on some primer but for now I am enjoying a little 'break'!

  Have a Blessed Day!

  ~C~

1 comment:

  1. YAY for texturing being done!!! And for Grandpa's who like to hang out with Grandkids and their friends! Can't wait to see what colors you pick out for upstairs!

    ReplyDelete