I started this project about 2 months ago. I really wanted a simpler method of madness for my spice organization and found inspiration thru this
POST. I started out by pulling all of my spices out and getting rid of the outdated ones, then I decided to use baskets to group them together. I had two baskets the right size on hand and I just finally broke down and got the other two that I needed. I went with baskets in an upper cabinet due to a 2.5 year old toddler that gets into EVERYTHING! I eventually would like to move my spices to a drawer but I am guessing that will be a few years down the road so for now....
 |
| The spices look like this :) |
 |
| I used my double-sided adhesive from Stampin' Up to adhere the labels (that I made using my SU label punch and stamp) for easy removal in case I decided to update or change the labels. |
 |
| Two of the Four categories...Baking and Extra Spices. |
 |
| The other two....Grilling and Cooking. |
 |
| Sorry about the bad photo but here is my Spice List that I put on the inside of the cabinet door to keep a ready reference to what I have on hand or need to buy. I broke this list into my four groups also. However, I have already realized that I need to add to this list with my Broth bases so it's definitely a work in progress :). |
I do really like my system so far, when I want a basket, I just pull it off of the shelf and grab the spice that I need. I am sure that I will keep adding to the system as I need to but for now - it works! I do have room to add another basket if the need arises.
Hope that you enjoyed an organization post!
Have a Blessed Day!
~C~
Yes, your labels are neat..but I LOVE that pitcher on the shelf above them in the one picture!!! If you ever decide to garage sale it I'd be happy to take it off of your hands and add it to the other pieces from your house! ;) haha...
ReplyDelete