Blogger Layouts

Monday, December 30, 2013

The Delay Button

  This winter, the Delay Button has really helped me out around the house.  I thought that fall was a time to get caught up, however that wasn't the case this fall.  I think it all started back in September when the calves started getting sick, continued on thru weaning and having the calves sorted up into extra bunches needing different feed for each bunch, and then the cold snap in December.  It seemed like I just could not get caught up in the house in to save my soul.

  So, I got in in tune with my delay button and it totally saved my life!  I started using the delay button first on the dishwasher.  At the end of the day, I pile everything into the dishwasher and then delay start it for four hours, that way the dishes are cleaned and dry by the time I get up in the AM.  I was starting the dishwasher after I got it loaded but then it was running when I went to bed and since I am a super light sleeper, I could never fall asleep since our dishwasher is a little noisy.  Cleans awesome but it is noisy and an 1+ hours to finish.

  During the cold snap, I started using the delay button on the wash machine, and it totally saved my life!  I was struggling getting time enough to wash a load of clothes, dry them and fold/put away since we were in and out so much.  I don't like to have machines run when I am not home (in case they don't shut off).  When I got up in the AM, I would throw together a load of clothes and set the delayed timer for the time that I thought I would be back to the house for breakfast.  Usually, that was two hours delayed, since I was back in about three hours.  Then I could dry the load of clothes during breakfast.  Laundry would be done for the day (If I stick to one  load of day, that will usually get us by) and I was ready to continue on with feeding for the rest of the day.  This helped a lot since I wasn't trying to wash bedding while Tyson needed to nap and I could fold clothes in the afternoon when I had time.  This also saved me from having Hubby having to do laundry!

  I am a huge fun on the delay button, I think it all started with that wonderful snooze button on the alarm clock! ;)   Well, I hear the washing machine just kicked off, I had better get things in the dryer before my day actually starts!!!

  Have a Blessed Day!
  ~C~

No comments:

Post a Comment