Can you believe that neither Hubby nor myself had ever craved a pumpkin before? Hubby did think that he might have when he was young but couldn't actually remember it. We have tried really hard to create some new traditions with Mr T that he would remember later in life. The first year, we bought pumpkins (I can not believe how expensive they are!) and drew faces on them. Last year, with the move, Mr T's birthday party and trucking our cows to SD, we skipped pumpkins all together. This year we were lucky enough to have a neighbor call and ask if we wanted some pumpkins and he would deliver! Of course, we jumped at the opportunity and took 2 large ones to carve and 2 small to medium ones for making pumpkin puree - haven't done it but plan on it!
Here are some pictures from our Family Sunday Funday.
 |
| Getting started. |
 |
| Pulling the 'gunk' out. |
 |
| Concentration! |
 |
| First one done! I think Mr T was a little leery of Daddy's knife :) |
 |
| Working on Mommy's pumpkin. |
 |
| All lit up in their glory! |
I am not a fan of Halloween for a number of reasons. However, I am trying to get a little on board with the holiday for Mr T's sake. I have a few little baking treats that I created to help me 'get in the mood' of Halloween and will share them later in the week. Enjoy all of the goblins and ghosts that come to visit you!
Have a Blessed Day!
~C~
No comments:
Post a Comment