Early last week, Hubby and I saddled up two horses (yes, I had to saddle my own horse this time!) and headed off to help a good friend and neighbor gather his cows so we could precondition the calves. Since the MIL and her mom was still hanging out with us after the weekend of Mr T's birthday, we had an awesome babysitter for the day which is the reason that I had to saddle my own horse, no kid to wrangle instead!
We arrived as the sun was coming up, got our instructions and started off. I took the opportunity to snap a few pictures as I gathered my set of hills.
 |
| Found some cows to gather up. |
 |
| Hubby and 'Doc' bringing up the back. |
 |
| Lots and lots of cows and calves! |
After we got the cattle into the corral, it was time to sort the cows and calves from each other. The cows got turned out and the calves had to stay in the corral to get their shots for their 'wellness checks'. I got the job of sorting the cows out the gate, keeping that calves in the pen. I like that job, it's what I do on our own ranch.
Then it was time to start working the calves. I helped with the EID tagging and bookwork, while Hubby gave two shots to each calf. There was a couple other neighbors there helping out as well. It was a well-tuned working machine that day!
 |
| Hubby trying to look all 'bad-ass'! |
 |
| Deworming, getting shots and an EID tag. |
 |
| Had a couple of late calves to brand as well. |
We were done by noon, had a great lunch of Ham & Beans before heading back home to unsaddle horses and check our own cattle. Just another day at the
office ranch!
Have a Blessed Day!
~C~
No comments:
Post a Comment