Blogger Layouts

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Crapola!

  I am not sure if that's a word or not but I definitely know the meaning.  The true definition is:  When you get your hand in a comprising position and it ends up looking like this:
Nearly 24 hours after Crapola happened.
  Lots of swelling and the pinkie is the worse with pain.  The bruising has started fade on the top of the hand and moved to the underside.  I can use my pointer finger and thumb but the others are pretty much useless!!!  But, life goes on and eventually I will get better.

  I had to bride Mr T with some milk the morning after it happened so he would lay still and let me change his diaper and clothes for the day.  Hubby came home early the night it happened and gave Mr T a bath and put him to bed for me. 

  I was trying to help Boss Man pull a calf when things turned bad.  I ended up getting my hand smashed hard against the barn wall with the calf puller.  I quit helping and went to find some cold water to see bad it was.  Luckily, I had an ice pack with me and got it on right away.  While I was trying to decided if I needed to head to town or not, a neighbor pulled into the yard to check on the housing project and she checked it out.  We all decided since I had bruising and could move all fingers that it wasn't worth a trip into town.  Oh, and Boss Man finished the task and we ended up with a very happy cow and a live baby calf.

  I am now worthless to helping Hubby finish up the sheetrock and I am concerned about branding season that is right around the corner (10 days away) for wrestling calves and roping.  Also puts colt riding on hold.  But, it could have been a lot worse and at least I can still take care of Mr T! 

Have A Blessed Day!
~C~

2 comments:

  1. Ok...I know how bad you said it was, but the picture makes it look worse than I imagined! Good luck babe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am headed down to the ranch to try to be one-handed help with sheetrocking as soon as Mr T wakes. Should be interesting!!!

      Delete