Blogger Layouts

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Flooring Has Started!

  Oh, the joys of being able to say that flooring is being laid in the new house!  One step closer and two steps in the right direction for once :).  We are laying the flooring in the living/dining/entry/kitchen area all ourselves since it is the same flooring in all of that space.  We went with Wood Laminate Flooring for two reasons.  1- Cost and 2 - I finally found a color and texture that I truly liked.  Most wood laminate flooring feels way to slick and has a 'cheap' look to me (this is my own opinion and I only say most, not all!). 

  Anyway, on the 4th of July while most of our friends and family were enjoying lake time or BBQing or just relaxing, we decided to start laying some flooring.  We started the day bright and early with the branding of our last 11 calves and got them out to pasture with their fellow mama.  Then we got busy and worked till noon to get some flooring put in place.  We are very pleased with how the flooring looks and is going to together. 

The start

Working on a row.

This is how much we got done in about a two hour period!
  For the next week or so, we will be jostling haying and flooring.  We worked about 2 hours and had 90 planks laid.  Hubby and I have a pretty good system going and we really think it is looking grand!

Have a Blessed Day!
~C~

No comments:

Post a Comment