Blogger Layouts

Friday, February 15, 2013

Oh My! Labels!

  I am excited to announce that I am turning the corner on getting the kitchen organized and simplified.  To say it the best, I have used the 'trial and error' method of madness to become organized.  I have also  stalked researched other organizational blogs for ideas, tips and advice along with that I have also discussed different methods with friends.  I feel that the kitchen in my home is slowly becoming a nice place to be, I know that it is definitely the hub of our home with three meals a day coming out of it!  I spent several days (hence the lack of blogs) working thru different areas in my kitchen and the pantries to get organization into them....I think we are nearly there.

  One thing that has really stepped up my process is labels!  I spent a large quantity of time looking for ideas and products that would work for us.  I say us since the kitchen and pantries are also used by a two year old and a husband.  I wanted a system that works for all us! 

  Here is what I did:

I bought a label punch from Stampin' Up.
(it's called the Decorative Label Punch)
 
Then I bought chalkboard Contact Paper from Amazon.

Along with Chalk Ink Markers.

Then I cut out the cute labels.

Which just peel and stick (awesome) and then wrote on the label (simple!).

A sneak peek in Pantry #1

  I haven't gotten everything labeled yet that I am planning on soon. Right now I am battling a nice passed around head cold and I am not functioning at even 60% most of the time.  I plan on attacking the rest of this label project next week and get both pantries finished along with the baking cupboard. 

  I do wish that the Decorative Label Punch was a fraction larger in size but I can not complain with how easy it is to punch and stick a new label on something.  Plus, I will use my new punch in my scrap booking so it has a double use now!  I also used an Earth-Tone Red Chalk Ink Marker to write on these labels and it is a little dark (which is a smidgen hard to read) so I am contemplating on using a lighter color.   I will decide that as I go!

  I hope that you enjoyed a peek at my first labeling project.  I can't wait to get my hands on a Label Maker to finish off the labels in my kitchen - more on that soon, I hope!

  Have a Blessed Day!
  ~C~

2 comments:

  1. They are looking SO good! YAY!!! Good luck feeling better this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. Can you come to my house in a year and do this for me, please!!

    ReplyDelete