We haven't really ever started any traditions for Mother's or Father's Day with our own little family. Last year, we were crazy busy and this year...still the same! However, the one new thing is that Hubby got me a gift (2 actually) for Mother's Day and I totally dropped the ball on getting him anything for Father's Day. We are not huge gift givers to each other for any holiday so please don't think that I am a bad wife! Most of the time, we don't even do Christmas gifts since we would rather pool our money and buy something larger together...one year it was a Weber Grill. I like this and saves the 'what in the world do I buy my spouse' issue!
On Mother's Day, Hubby surprised me with a gift but actually he got me two....one was just going to be late in arriving. I may have had to help him with the ordering process but he totally came up with the idea of the 2nd gift.
| The first gift - a new frying pan! |
| The 2nd gift - a bracelet with out cattle brand on it. |
The next gift is a bracelet with our cattle brand on it. Hubby had found the idea online but needed some computer help in getting a picture of our brand to the company to make the bracelet. I was shocked that he found such a cool idea and I love it!!!
The rest of Mother's Day was spent in town moving our cattle up there on our leased land and also getting groceries. I did get to go to eat at the local Mexican Restaurant for lunch.
For Father's Day, I made some of Pioneer Woman's Best Ever Coffee Cake and some eggs for Hubby's breakfast and then I slipped out and left Mr T and Hubby to fend for themselves while I went to paint on the new house. When I got back this is what I found:
| A sweet nap for both of them. |
Have a Blessed Day!
~C~
No comments:
Post a Comment