Blogger Layouts

Monday, February 6, 2012

February's New Year's Resolution

  Back in January, I had mentioned that I was going to work on a new resolution each month here.  My January goal/resolution was to work on my blog and I can say that I have successfully accomplished that one!!!  I do have a new look that is up and running and I do like it.  Never hurts to do a little 'updating' when you get a chance. 

  My February goal is to work on our chemical usage around the house.  I am working on changing our cleaning products over to all natural or homemade.  One of the reasons for this is my Hubby gets nasty headaches from chemical smells and other strong, pungent smells.  I am going to work on reducing that for him.  I also believe that Mr T does not need to be exposed to chemicals either, with all of the cancer risks out there already....I truly do not need to increase his risk.  The other reason is the amount of money that you save by doing it yourself.  That reason alone is worth the little bit of work that it takes to make your own products. 

  I have found a blog over at Three Savvy Moms where these three ladies test out homemade laundry detergent and other stuff.  It's a great place for some info and they post the recipes also.  I am excited to get busy and try some of it. 

  Another company that has products that I use regularly is Norwex.  I just love their mopping system!  I have a good friend who sells for that company so if you need a hookup to buy products - just let me know!  I also have a friend that sells J.R. Watkins products and I hoping to learn more about their all natural cleaning products.  I have already started using their cooking products and I do know that they are awesome!!!

  Even though, Brittany is no longer blogging over at Our Greener Acres there is still a wealth of information her blog on make your own products from cleaning carpets to cleaning your dishwasher.  I personally can't wait to put a lot of these ideas to use once our new house is ready for some tough cleaning! 

  Since I do not have much storage room here at the rented house I am not sure how far that I will get on my resolution.  But, I do know that I plan on not buying anymore of the chemical cleaning products that I currently have on hand.  I am sure that there are more blogs out there that will help me learn how to 'do it myself' and I would love any tips that you have for me on something that you use!!!

Have a Blessed February!
~C~

No comments:

Post a Comment