Our household doesn't do anything special for Valentine's Day, it is my belief that if it takes a Special Holiday to remind each other that you love each other....then maybe it's not true love. What about the other 364 days, you don't have to do anything special for each other on those days?!?!? That is when it counts and means the most....not when the calender says "Today is the day I have to go buy something expensive for my Significant Other". That's just my view on the day, I am not trying to say that you shouldn't do or buy something special for each other. To each their own, I say and if they are happy - then I am happy!!!
I do usually try to make something special for Hubby since we choose not to go out with all of the couples to over crowded eating establishments. This year, I just pulled together a few of our favorite things that I try to keep on hand which worked out good since I haven't been to the grocery store in 10 days!!!
We had for supper: Ham, Frog Eye Salad, Peas, Biscuits and Apple Crisp. The Apple Crisp was a stab at a new recipe and turned out delicious!
| Frog Eye Salad (the easy way) |
Ingredients:
* 1/2 of a box of Acini De Pepe pasta
*8 oz Cool Whip
*1 Small box French Vanilla or White Chocolate Instant Pudding
*1 or 2 small cans of Mandarin Oranges
Preparation:
Make pasta according to directions on box, cool. Then mix all of the other ingredients together with pasta, chill.
| Apple Crisp - Had to taste it first to see if it was good - it was! |
Ingredients:
*4 Apples
* 1/2 Cup Flour
*1/2 Cup Oatmeal
*3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
*1/3 Softened Butter
*Cinnamon (however much you would like to use)
Preparation:
Slice up the 4 apples and put in greased 8*8 pan. Mix the rest of the ingredients together and crumble mixture over the apples. Bake at 375 til Golden. I think I baked mine about 25 minutes, but my oven never cooks the same twice!
Have a Blessed Day!
~C~
No comments:
Post a Comment