Blogger Layouts

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Fun In The Rain

  Yesterday, Mr T, Hubby, Boss Man and I all went and tried to get our cows home from the cornstalks.  However, Mother Nature seemed to have other plans for our cows.  We did manage get two loads out and home.  Hubby drove his first truck load of cows all by himself while Boss Man, Mr T and myself all went to move another bunch of cows to a different pasture. 

  It seems that Mother Nature was slightly confused and decided to have it rain (alot) instead of snow during winter.  The farm ground where our cows are residing is very, very slick when it rains.  Before the ground got very slick, we managed to get two semis into the field, loaded and sent on their way. 

  Mr T and I spent some time on the 4-wheeler in the rain holding a pen of cattle out in the open, since we only had enough panels setup to capture one semi load of cattle at a time.  He was quite a little trooper, I turned him around to face me in front of me so when we were zipping around his face was protected from the drizzle.  He seemed to enjoy the outing for the most part. 

  After the semis were loaded and sent on their way, we went to move the next bunch of cows.  Boss Man and Tripp went and rounded them up and brought them back to the gate to let them out onto the road.  Mr T and I went ahead of them in the cake pickup and then turned them into their new pasture. 

Calling Cows
 After we got cows to their new pasture.  I jumped on the 4-Wheeler and took salt & mineral around to the windmills while Boss Man caked and fed the cows.  I was soaked by the time I got back.  We got loaded up and headed back to the cornstalks to get another load of cows loaded but this time Mother Nature prevailed.  The ground proved to be too slick and the semi couldn't get to the loading chute.  We left it there and decided to wait until the ground dries up a little and freezes a bit so we can get more semis into the cornfield to get the cows out.  Some days it's fun in the rain and some days not so much!!! 

Have a Blessed Day!
~C~

No comments:

Post a Comment