If you have been following me on Facebook then you will know that I am absolutely going insane over the toy issues at our house. I try to run a fairly clean and fairly organized home but with a toddler around I am having some issues!
My mom found this toy storage container at a garage sale over the summer and I have been indecisive over whether or not I wanted to use it. Last week, the toys seemed to multiply and I could no longer handle them taking over my living room. So, I called mom up and asked her to bring the toy storage container down with her when she came to babysit Mr T.
On Sunday, the guys had to go to town to do some work and move our cows there so I rolled up my sleeves and got to work cleaning on the toy storage container. Here are some BEFORE pictures.
 |
| Someone had taken a red crayon and 'colored' on it. |
 |
| Mr T already had decided to use it for stuffed animal storage. |
 |
| And storage for him as well, lol! |
 |
| I took a Norwex cleaning pad and cleaned all of the crayon off along with all of the other smudges and dirt. |
 |
| Mr T showing off the lid works. |
 |
| All clean! Mr T is trying to store his animals again so I had to wait until he napped to finish my project :). |
 |
| In place and filled. |
 |
| Mess - Out of sight! |
I am hoping to work on teaching Mr T to put stuff away at least at nighttime if not when he is done with something. If nothing else, it gives me a catch-all place to put stuff after he goes to bed at night.
Have a Blessed Day!
~C~
He does NOT look happy about showing how the lid closes! haha...Hopefully it's a good sign if he was already trying to fill it up while you were cleaning it! Happy Monday!
ReplyDeleteT was mad because I wouldn't let him put his animals back in it! So far, he is doing relatively good with utilizing it. However, he seems to think he needs to ask me to get whichever toy out that he wants. I am sure that will pass and he will just get them all out until he finds one that he wants to play with and then run off!
DeleteI have the same issues. I finally starting sorting the toys out and kind of grouping them and putting them in totes in the closet. Then every few days I switch them out. But.... no matter which tote it is it gets dumped out. We have one toy box as well and it never fails that the toy they want is always at the bottom. ;)
ReplyDelete